One of the most popular plants, it is believed that it is known the most, that it has the most properties, is aloe Vera. This plant, despite the fact that, as we have already said, it is believed that it is well known and well known, it is not entirely true. It is believed that there are certain variants of Aloe Vera, but little or nothing is said about the large number of variants that actually exist. Did you know that there can be more than three hundred? Nothing more and nothing less than an awful lot of guys. Some are already classics and are easily recognizable, but others are not even known to be a type of Aloe Vera.
Table of Contents
And something that is mistakenly believed is that being the same plant, Aloe Vera, they all serve the same purpose. Mistake. It is not so, nor is it true.
Each type of plant has its own benefits, it can serve multiple benefits (some more than others) and others, directly, do nothing or even are medicinal. Therefore, it is important to know what types there are, how many, which are medicinal, which are curative, those that are only decorative, the most common, etc.
- If we all start to think, a priori, about the typical Aloe Vera plant, we believe that it is the only one that has more properties, that it is more medicinal, that it can be used more, that a long etcetera that we are sorry to tell you, is not all true!
- We remove your doubts and explain that one of the varieties of Aloe Vera that has more properties is precisely a plant that many of you have in your gardens and few of you know that it is this plant and its many good benefits. It is the Aloe Vera Arborescence. Its name won’t tell you much, but if you Google it and we describe it to you a little, surely you’ll quickly recognize it.
- The Arborescence is a variety that at first glance is very curious. Its leaves are long and green but depending on where you have them and the sun (to a greater or lesser intensity) they can also be in a shade of blue or yellow/reddish.
- As for their dimensions, they can be made quite large. Up to about two meters in height and width, also depends on where they are planted. If they go directly to the ground, with a good space for them to expand or if, on the contrary, they are placed in a pot. When their flowers come out, some very striking “spikes” of an intense color between an intense red and an orange tone appear. They really attract a lot of attention and are very pretty.
- Your care, simple. Being a plant native to South America, it does not like water very much. It grows and lives very well in rather dry environments, with little water. A good drainage and little else asks. They are very appreciative.
- As for its multiple benefits, which is what is really interesting, it serves many skin properties. In summer it works very well for, for example, mosquito bites. A little of the liquid contained in its leaf is applied and the itching and irritation decrease.
- It also works for grains, conditions such as athlete’s foot (keep in mind that this is an infection) and therefore has antibacterial And of course, like every species of Aloe Vera, it is very moisturizing. You can use it for the whole body (areas that you have more dehydrated).
- This variety of aloe Vera is popularly known (depending on each region and/or country) in one way or another. From names as diverse as the octopus plant, through the candelabra (because of the shape of its flowers when it blooms), etc. All in the end, to be the same plant. Of course, few people, as we mentioned at the beginning, know that this beautiful plant really belongs to the Aloe Vera family.
- When it comes to keeping it perfect and taking care of it, comment that it is not exactly a plant that gives many headaches. At least in a country like Spain (we mention it because you can read us from anywhere in the world and when you generalize, you don’t always know if you can or should do the same in your countries).
- When it comes to having it at home, you have to know that it has some differences from its other relatives for example; in this case, the plant can become a beautiful bush. If you give it basic care, it grows without problems and rather, quickly. Therefore, if you do not want a bush or a large plant, this variety is not the most suitable. If you are determined to go for this one, then read on.
- As we said, it is a plant and/or bush. It grows quite a lot and when we say that, we do it knowingly (I have them in my house) and they can grow up to four meters high. Not only that. It is also made and grows wide. If it takes well in the area where you plant it, keep in mind that it can be done widthwise without problems and when we say that, pay attention to us. Think of a rather spacious place.
- We must also comment, which is very important, that it can become an invasive plant. If it grows in the place where you have placed it, to the one that begins to grow, bloom and so on, it will begin to settle. In other words, if you don’t want it to start “eating” more space than you have planned for that bush, go cutting.
- Be careful with the leaves that can fall and/or flowers. Because if they fall to the ground, with their rapid growth, you can take the cutting and again, have more of the plant. That is why we comment that we must be vigilant. If you place delicate plants around it, it is possible that if you are not careful and take care of it (especially the land area), in the end the aloe Vera will eat everything and with its roots, it will end up drowning what it have around it.
- One of the faults that many have with the Arborescence is that they mistakenly think that it needs to have a fertilizer. Either some throw it in the substrate or they throw it aside as extra care. Well no, mistake. In fact, and even as a trick to save money, it is neither necessary nor vital. Maybe a soil with some substrate, fine. So that it has some vitamin and grows more vigorous, but little else. With the basics, this plant will grow perfectly. She is very grateful and bears bad weather well and basic care is enough for her.
- If you live in dry places, very hot climates or also why not say it, you are a bit of a disaster with irrigation and you do not do it regularly, there is no problem. Better. In this case, less is better than more. If you water it a lot, it will end up spoiling. Because what happens to them is that they absorb too much water and it starts to rot. When you realize it, the plant will be dark, taking on a black tone and if you touch or cut it, you will see that it breaks or falls apart. This means that you have added too much water. Therefore, the heat does not affect it. It benefits you. That does not mean that it should never be watered. But with water it a few times a month, enough.
- It is not necessary to invest too much in the land either in fact, the poor plant does not need much care nor is it too “special”. In almost any type of land it is grateful. It is not necessary to spend or invest in land full of fertilizer, substrates or etcetera that mean many zeros in the account.
- That if, what he likes the sun? If you can be direct, the better. In an area of the garden where the sun gives it, it will sprout and grow wonderfully. Also, if it grows well, the area will be beautiful if it grows freely (remember the dimensions it can take).
- If you live in areas that are humid, rather rainy places in those cases, it is better not to water it. Only with rainwater or the same humidity, it will be enough for her to do. Of course, the only thing that can come really bad is the cold. As a warm zone plant that it is, it doesn’t handle cold or frost well, much less snow. Therefore, care must be taken so that it does not freeze and rot. If you have it planted in pots, it will be enough to change them. But if they are buried in the garden, then try to cover them with plastic or any other material that prevents them from drowning but does not freeze either.
- In times of flowering you have to be careful with bees. If you like them, like butterflies and some little birds, take out your camera and pay attention. Because it is not strange to be able to see them on top of their leaves to get the nectar.
What do you need:
- A space to plant it in the garden that is sufficient if you want it to grow widely.
- An Aloe Vera Arborescence plant.
- Pico and/or chap.
- to shovel
As we have already said, Aloe Vera Arborescens has many health properties. But unlike other varieties of the plant, in this case it is not as well known, nor does it have as much gel on its leaves. Even so, it can be used for home use for a lot of things. For example: moisturize the skin, for burns, for pain, sprains, prevent dandruff on the scalp, etc.