Peppers have many varieties, colors and flavors that help us make delicious recipes and have many health benefits. With the sweet peppers you can prepare exquisite stews and divine stews, sauces to put on roasts and pasta. In Spain there are already several Mexicans who have taken the initiative to plant peppers and more than all the famous hot peppers or jalapeños widely used in Mexican recipes.
Table of Contents
Only you have to know certain characteristics of this wonderful plant to be able to have a good harvest and to know all the little secrets that we are going to tell you about in this article.
In Madrid and Catalonia there are many Mexican food restaurants , which not only delight Mexican residents; but also to the Spaniards , who love the taste of the hot peppers. A delicious dish is chicken with garlic , it is one of the most requested; also the stuffed fish, which is baked stuffed with a sauce made from sweet peppers and a little touch of hot pepper.
Without forgetting the famous Mexican tacos stuffed with meat and a lot of minced jalapeño, which gives them that special touch of itching. It is important to highlight the benefits offered by the spicy oil that comes out of the hot peppers. It greatly helps people develop antibodies for respiratory, eye, and nasal allergies. They also greatly improve the circulation of blood through the arteries.
The hot pepper is also a powerful aphrodisiac, renewing the strength of those who are a little down and bringing a lot of happiness to couples who consume it regularly. The hot sauce has already become a very delicious tradition in many countries around the world and it accompanies many recipes.
For this reason, we will teach you in a simple and quick way how and when to plant chili, since the planting time is of the utmost importance so that you can be successful in your harvest and how a medium- sized plant is, in any small space you have in your house and with the required temperature and certain tricks. You can enjoy this plant and get a good amount of peppers for your recipes.
It is also important that you know how to make a good fertilizer, so that your plant grows strong and robust and your peppers come out fresh and bright, this is also very simple but it has its technique that you must know exactly. Also the ideal temperatures and the amount of sun that the plant should receive.
Another important thing to mention is that if you plant peppers at home, they will be free of chemicals and fertilizers that are added in large plantations and that ultimately affect our health.
That is why if you have some plants in your house and you raise them naturally, this will be of great benefit to your health. You can also produce your own seeds so that when the plants die, you can re-sow and maintain production at home. And if things go well for you and you have a large patio, why not? You can have a medium production and sell peppers to the market and restaurants.
Many great entrepreneurs started this way and today they sell and export the best peppers; both sweet and spicy and made in Spain. With all the difficulties due to climate changes, but of excellent quality.
For this reason, we encourage you to discover all our tips and get down to work and plant chili peppers in any little place in your house or wherever you want to be. One of the most important things is the germination process; which resembles when a baby begins to form in the womb of a mother. And that from that miracle onwards we have to give a lot of love and special care to the plant.
Instructions for and when to plant Chili
We will start by explaining how to plant chili peppers:
- The first thing is to have the seeds. You can buy them in the market already dry, but we recommend that you go to the market and buy some peppers, that is, the largest and most beautiful that you can select.
- Then with a knife, cut them in half and carefully remove the seeds.
- After having all the seeds out, place them in a dry and uncovered glass jar, store the seeds in a warm place for at least 3 days to dry. Remember that the seeds have to die before being born.
- When the seeds are dry, place them in medium plastic cups, it can be disposable, with just half a centimeter
- With a hot nail, make several holes in the cups, at the bottom so that excess water comes out.
- After the seed is buried half a centimeter, add water but not too much, just to moisten the soil.
- This water cannot be directly from the one that comes out of the pipe since it has a lot of chlorine and can kill the seed.
- You have to have a bucket of water that is standing still for at least a week after taking it from the pipe.
- Or it may also be that you collect water in a container when it rains and have it stored for the moment of germination of the seeds.
- At the end of this, do not place the glasses in direct sunlight, because it would burn the templates.
- Place the glasses near a window or in a roofed place that enters the rays of the sun but not directly to the plant.
- This takes about 4 weeks to germinate, when the template is two or three inches in size and has more than 4 leaves, then you can transplant it into a larger pot and be very careful not to damage the roots.
- After the plant is about 30 centimeters large, then you will place it in direct morning sun and indirect afternoon sun. For this you must know in what geographical position your house is located and where the sun rises and sets.
- Done! Always be aware of keeping the pot where you planted moist and with water without chlorine. With your care and your love you will have a super pepper plant.
When to plant peppers:
- The peppers are from the hot land and they need a temperature of 25° to 30° degrees centigrade.
- Therefore, it cannot be sown in winter, unless you build a small greenhouse with lamps that maintain this temperature day and night.
- You can do this with a fine white cloth that allows a little sunlight to enter, an environmental thermometer and some incandescent light bulbs.
- But if you do not want to complicate a lot of planting in autumn and summer. After the plant is larger, it adapts to changes in temperature in the environment.
What do you need for and when to plant chili?
- Small or medium disposable cups.
- Chili seeds.
- Soil or topsoil.
- A small space at home.
- Lots of encouragement and perseverance.
Tips for and when to plant chili
- For your seeds to germinate quickly and your plant to grow beautifully, you have to have a good fertilizer or compost.
- You can make it at home with vegetable waste, banana peels, egg shells, grounds or coffee waste.
- You take the banana shells and the vegetable shells and chop them as small as you can and the shells you can grind, putting it in a plastic bag and crushing it with your hands.
- Then, you mix it with sand or topsoil and leave it for 2 months in the sun, adding water every day to moisten the soil. Thus, you will have a ready land for your plants and much success.