Plants are living organisms that offer fresh air to lighten, refresh and keep environments clean and full of fresh air, especially if you have them inside your home, for this reason you should take into account the possibility of knowing how to take care of your house plants Inside.
Table of Contents
You will think that the use of artificial plants is better, but you should not make this decision, since they are more beautiful and ornamental than the natural ones, and they also offer you more benefits than those made of different materials and without any function.
The place where you place a plant inside your house, you will look more welcoming and full of life, which will improve your house, taking a boring and lifeless decoration to a better looking one, improve your self-esteem, health as well as state of mind
On the other hand, the natural plants that you place inside can give you the satisfaction of drawing the luminosity of the sun’s rays more inward, making it look clear, beautiful, clean and transparent, to always cheer you up at any time.
What do you need to take care of indoor plants?
- Land with compost.
- Essential nutrients.
- A special space.
- Spacious environment.
- Specific place for the plant.
Instructions for caring for indoor plants
Within the care that you can give your indoor plants, the main thing is that the sun’s rays reach the leaves so that they use this to feed themselves and be able to transform the CO2 in the environment into pure oxygen for your breathing.
That is why you have to pay attention to the ideas, advice and other things that tell you about being able to ensure that the room where you place your plant must have large windows through which the necessary light passes for the photosynthesis process to take place.
Caring for indoor plants step by step
- The water: Water is essential for the life of all living beings, since without it we could not have the different functions that we do daily in terms of keeping you hydrated, energized, fresh, among many other things in which water benefits us. For plants it is also important because despite being in a roofed environment, they need hydration from time to time, which you must be careful enough to do so in order not to overdo it or at least lack it, so keep soil moist.
- Humidity level. Previously we have talked about the use of water in your indoor plants, but you should also always pay attention to the humidity of the soil that it has to make sure that it has the necessary one and for this it is enough to always check the state of it. For this? Many times the soil is moist only on the surface; not reaching the center of the soil and therefore it is dry, having to put water on it to keep all moisture from the top to the roots.
- Signs of lack of moisture or water. In order for you to be more sure of keeping your houseplant well cared for, hydrated and in moist soil, you should pay attention to the following: The roots look shriveled, broken and lifeless; The leaves of the plant do not grow; Dry leaves are often seen; withered leaf edges; The leaves tend to fall off; It is usually dull and without growth, in addition to a color more brown than green.
- Pot type. The pot where you are going to place your plant must be one that holds water so that the plant does not dehydrate, but at the same time there is the possibility of draining the excess each time you water it, since if you overdo it you also run the risk of withering by rot. Always use clay pots to keep your plant always humid and fresh, since another type of material can dry it out before you have it provided with what you need to keep it vigorous and with a beautiful color.
- The chosen place. The place where you are going to locate your plant should be at a strategic point where it does not have any friction every time they pass through it, also away from your pets that do not dig the earth or perhaps do not use it as a bathroom, especially if you’re pet is a feline.
- Sunlight is necessary so place it near the window, but not where it gets a draft, since this can also harm it, the air and a little light can cause the leaves to wither, causing a change in your color immediately.
- Immobilize the plant. Many times when you decide to give your home a new look, you change the direction of your furniture and accessories, but in the case of plants you must be careful not to move them if this happens, since they quickly get used to their space and a change can affect them. Imagine this, you are a living being that does not like changes in addition to being routine, so if you are transferred from one place to another where you are not set, you will immediately feel a change from the inside, because your plants the same thing happens to them too, so don’t move them around.
- The use of fertilizer. Take into account the use of the nutrients that you can offer your plants so that they look beautiful and leafy; you also put a little fertilizer from time to time, which is necessary balanced so that your indoor plants receive what they need in terms of nutrients to survive. If by chance you change or transplant them from one pot to another, and you don’t put fertilizer on it, you run the risk of rotting or wilting, so a little of this is necessary from time to time without abusing of course, so that it doesn’t get oversaturated either. .
- Prune the plant. So that it also remains always green and with a beautiful appearance, your indoor plant must be pruned to eliminate dead cells that prevent its normal growth, being then the possibility of cutting what makes it ugly or prevents it from growing. Therefore, it is necessary that you have the possibility of looking for the phases of the moon to use them for the good of your indoor plant, which will benefit you because you will have it beautiful, apart of course from giving you a better purification of the air in your environment.
- Use of coffee and tea as fertilizer. Coffee and tea are increasingly being used as a fertilizer for both garden plants and those you have in pots as well as those inside, but this can cause insects to be attracted to them and therefore end up eaten or mutilated.
- The sugar in plants attracts insects, and we often find plants wilting due to the presence of flies and ants. So watch carefully.
- Internet use. Try to locate the personal care of the types of plants that you have inside and according to this you can have them beautiful and well cared for a better environment wherever you have placed them, especially if they are plants that do not need sunlight or a lot of water. For this reason, the specifications that each specific plant has is special, so have the opportunity to search for the exact place, the water, the nutrients, among many other recommendations for the specimen or type of plants that you have arranged inside your house.
- Differentiate your plants. There are various types of plants among which you can find those that are green, those with flowers and of course, cacti, each one must have different types of care according to their morphology as well as composition to receive what is necessary among them, the nutrients. So you must identify the type of plant that you have decided to place and then be certain of its care, because the care that a fern of a cactus or a flower plant such as orchids should have inside your house is not the same. Don’t you think so?
- The best plant to care for. It is not necessary that you choose from among all the plants to place it inside your house, remember that there are plants that need the sun’s rays in front of those that are not necessary but need the shade to survive.
- So choosing the best one for your interior is a task based on tastes and preferences, as well as knowing if it is going to be maintained or, on the contrary, it may perish for various reasons, so it is up to you to choose the one that seems most beautiful to you.
Tips for caring for indoor plants
- Some plants are poisonous so you must be careful with children and pets and do not place them inside if they are of this type.
- Carnivorous plants must be extremely careful, therefore they are not recommended for indoors, you should advise yourself well in this regard.
- Try to have a knowledge about which are the most resistant plants to have them inside your house, also take care that you give them the necessary care.
- Before placing a plant inside your house, look for the care it needs and thus do not choose one that can wither if it is not the one indicated to remain inside a closed environment or indoors.