Nature is full of wonders, many of which are totally unknown to humans. Of those he is aware of, he has been able to take advantage of everything they have to offer.
Table of Contents
In this way, they not only use trees to create furniture, sheets of paper or other important resources, but also for the benefit of general health. Relieving from a simple headache to the symptoms of diseases such as cancer.
It is no secret to anyone that many of the medicines that we have access to today have been produced from different types of plants and trees. In fact, it is believed that every plant that exists is there for a purpose. It has a definite purpose, no matter how small or towering tall.
One of the plants that have been used the most is aloe. Thanks to them, it has been possible to combat a large number of conditions and diseases, making people’s quality of life better. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg. In reality, the number of medicinal plants exceeds our imagination.
Another highly valued plant is the Ginkgo Balboa. It is considered almost miraculous and its uses are greatly extended. In view of its great contributions and benefits, it would be very useful to have a plant of this type in our homes. But is it possible? How can you grow ginkgo balboa at home?
If you want to know the answer to this question, you cannot stop reading this short article. In it you will find everything you need to have a copy of this ancient tree at home. In this way, you will be able to take advantage of all its properties first-hand to improve your health and that of your family. Let’s see.
Instructions for growing ginkgo balboa
The ginkgo tree is slow growing, grows in a pyramidal shape and can reach up to 30 meters in height. It has few branches, but the few that it has become long and very strong.
Its bark is brown and gray. It has cracks and ripples. Its leaves are fan-shaped, bright green. However, during the fall, they turn a golden yellow. They have deep indentations in the center and their edges are wavy.
It is a plant whose specimens can be male and female. However, the ones that are usually planted are the male ones to avoid the bad smell produced by the seeds of the female specimens.
Now, to grow a ginkgo balboa tree at home, you must follow these instructions:
- The first thing you have to do is collect some ripe fruits from this tree. They should be ripe enough that they fall off just by touching them.
- Then, remove the pulp and wash them very well, since what you want to take advantage of is the seed.
- It breaks the shell that covers the true seed to facilitate the exit of the root. To do this, use a pressure tool. But you must do it gently to avoid breaking the shell, ending up breaking the seed.
- When you have managed to extract the seed, place it in a vegetable substrate facing upwards to promote optimal vertical growth.
- As for its location, it must be exposed to full sun or partial shade. Since its ideal temperature is between 10 and 20 ° C. however, it is also capable of withstanding very low temperatures.
- With regard to irrigation, these should be normal. You should intensify them in the summer time and decrease them while it is winter or autumn.
As you can see, the way to plant and grow a ginkgo balboa tree is no different than any other tree. Something that can end up motivating you to plant one knows what its main benefits are. Let’s talk about it.
What do you need to grow ginkgo balboa?
It has been determined that some of its benefits are the following:
- It can contribute greatly to the recovery of those who have suffered from vascular accidents, such as atherosclerosis and strokes.
- Helps to enhance memory and concentration capacity. This is because by dilating your blood vessels, blood flows better throughout your body, including to your brain.
- It has a great impact on vision. Especially in the case of people suffering from diabetes or glaucoma. If you consume this plant, you can prevent the advancement of these diseases from being greater.
- Prevents premature aging, as it has an antioxidant action and eliminates all free radicals. In this way, your skin will always look smooth, healthy and radiant.
- It helps fight migraine and vertigo, since it generates a better blood supply, which delays the episodes in both cases.
- It prevents clots from forming. Since it favors good blood circulation, it prevents the creation of clots that can cause problems such as thrombosis.
- Contributes to recovery from stroke. Since it activates the blood flow, little by little it makes it possible for the person who has suffered the stroke to recover all the functions that they have lost.
- Provides a lot of energy. In this way it avoids the feeling of tiredness, especially in the elderly. But, if you are a person whose pace of life is very hectic, ginkgo balboa can become your great ally by giving you the energy you need.
Despite all these benefits, it is never good to fall into self-medication. Therefore, before deciding whether you are going to take it or not, it is best to consult your doctor to avoid any adverse effects that it may generate. Now, what other recommendations should you take into account when it comes to planting ginkgo balboa?
Tips for growing ginkgo balboa
It is important that you know that this plant resists pollution, that is, intense contamination of the air, soil and water. In turn, it can be planted in any type of terrain. Much better if they are deep and light. The most recommended are those that are rich in organic matter and have good drainage.
During the first year of planting it, you will need to give it a bucket of water every week, as this will allow for better rooting.
In relation to pruning, they are not 100% necessary. And, if you decide to make them, you must be very cautious in this particular, especially if what you are looking for is to shape the tree. If you want to do this, the best time to do this is early spring.
If you have planted it in a small pot, but it has grown and you want to transplant it, in this case, the suggestion is that you do it in autumn and spring.
You can multiply this plant using seeds, grafts or cuttings. However, the most traditional and simple way to do it is using other specimens that are already rooted, since they have a very slow growth.
It should be noted that this tree is not usually attacked by the most common pests and diseases in plants, which makes it a very strong and resistant species. So you won’t have to deal with pesticides and pests that can affect other plants.
From this plant you can take advantage of its seeds and leaves. In the case of the seeds, they are believed to be antibacterial, astringent, anticancer, digestive, sedative, antitussive and much more.
For all this and much more, it is worth the effort to plant and grow a ginkgo balboa tree at home. You already know how to do it. So all that remains is to get to work. You won’t regret trying it!