Carnivorous plants are the ones that feed on various insects that fall into any of their parts, willing to fight to keep them, since they are experts in attracting attention either in color, aroma or perhaps beauty, for this we tell you how to take care of a carnivorous plant.
Table of Contents
Believe it or not, they must be careful since they are delicate, there are also some species of this genus that are aquatic and need to be in water ponds or fountains in gardens, and they are also beautiful and striking.
They are exotic because they look like plants from paradise, they also offer the eyes a fascination that comes from being plants that are characterized by feeling a fairly opportune stimulus in any of their filaments, which becomes their usual food, which are insects.
In natural life, it is worth having a plant of this species as long as you know how to take care of them so that you can always keep them with their beauty and radiance, so enter this fascinating world of predation, beauty and murderous carnivorous plants.
What do you need to take care of carnivorous plants?
- Soil type.
- Natural environment.
- Morphology of carnivorous plants.
- Power over insects.
- Big predators.
- Cultivation of plants.
Instructions for caring for carnivorous plants
Carnivorous plants are the ideal, a wonder and a feast for those who like to collect exotic plants of all species, since they are so beautiful and unique that anyone who has any of them will stand out from the rest of the people who see them. As something extravagant.
Planting carnivorous vegetation is quite complicated, as they are very complicated plants. They must also be cared for depending on the type of crop, since their danger and toxicity is also related to the type of soil where they are planted. You can have it on aquatic soil or on land.
Some are difficult to adapt to in the domestic environment, so it is necessary to take into consideration the possibility of keeping them in their natural habitat to avoid losing their essence and being able to feed without problems.
Grow carnivorous plants
- Knowledge of the plant. It is necessary to have a deep knowledge of the plant itself, its morphology, and how it acts to organize the habitat where you are going to place it if you want to have a specimen of this genus of carnivorous plants, because they are very sensitive to climate and soil. Carnivorous plants have many different characteristics from each other and, in addition to this; they present themselves as beings capable of consuming their food in order to coexist with the rest of the vegetation around them, so we must establish which one we want in the yard.
- Virtues of carnivorous plants. Carnivorous plants offer all the possibility of looking beautiful in nature and at home, in addition to the main virtue that they can offer you in your environment is to eliminate annoying bugs or insects that want to destroy other vegetation apart from being harmful to Your Health. They come to be a natural cleaner that you can have in your house bringing elimination of insects that are annoying, so always keep the possibility of a plant of these in the garden, you will see that you will obtain many benefits with it.
- Zero feeding. Carnivorous plants feed themselves through insects, so their way of processing what is necessary to survive is very different from the others, being necessary to avoid giving supplements or protein foods in order to supply what is necessary to live. This is a common mistake to feed them, because they must hunt their food. Your instinct must be respected.
- It can be intoxicated. The plant of this species can have any type of intoxication if you give it an incorrect diet, for this reason the orientation of not giving it any type of nutrition becomes evident, since the plant itself can eat when it wants and in any place. It is a difference that can focus the success of growing a plant of this species, apart from important aspects such as the type of climate it needs, the soil, the land or the fertilizer that you can place on it, as well as the exact place where it can provide itself. Of food.
- The land. The land where you are going to plant your carnivore must have defined specifications and components, special for it alone, as an example we can start by telling you to keep it in the center of the other plants, but without having much vegetation around it. They must acclimatize to the environment where you are going to place it, mainly in a special pot that contains a lot of moss, so that they keep the entire surface where your exotic carnivorous plant is located fresh, if you wish, ask a specialized store about the type of substrate to use.
- Soil quality. Carnivorous plants are difficult to grow as they require a very specific type of substrate. The substrate that is generally used for common plants does not work in this case, and can even be toxic to them. The most important thing is not the fertilizer, the land or the same water for their subsistence, it is best to attend to the necessary moss in the pot that can provide much more to their nutrition, being negative the use of any other way of planting them.
- Sun and light needed. Carnivorous plants do not need much to survive, so it is important that they are in a suitable environment, nutrients are not necessary and the soil is poor, but sunlight must reach them, although not directly for their colors.
- It is not a conventional plant, so having them as another species can be negative for its life, although if necessary you must provide it with a marshy-looking place for its development, since its origins come from places that offer it an ecosystem of this type.
- Humidity for the carnivorous plant must be a first need, since they come from tropical countries or where most of the time there is a dry and hot climate, but constantly demanding the possibility of staying cool. Therefore, it is necessary to give them this through the spray of a little water or simply water it with sporadic weather, so that it maintains its natural humidity and can always stay alive, fresh and full of its mystical and exotic beauty at the same time.
- In addition, another thing that can help keep it always fresh is the soil, placing a container full of perennial water at the bottom, which maintains the humidity of the place or the pot where you have planted your beautiful carnivorous plant.
- Distilled water. As they come from a swampy environment, carnivorous plants need water that can be rain or pure spring water that has not been modified with chemical elements to make it for human consumption, so it has to be from a nearby river or lake. From home. Also during the rainy season you can take a little of it, which you use so that your carnivorous plant can receive what it needs and not run the risk of it withering by not providing it with a type of water other than the purified water full of ions that make it wrong.
- Drinking water suitable for human consumption has the peculiarity of being harmful to this type of plants; therefore you should not water them or place a plate full of water at the bottom of the pot since you can contribute to their punishment, which is not what is wanted.
- Temperature is a priority factor for this plant, because if we place it so that it receives direct heat from the sun or the rays, we run the risk of its leaves burning, or worse still, that the plant dies by wilting with no remedy for Item. Este. The temperature in the environment or terrarium that you have chosen for your carnivorous plant should be between 20-25 degrees Celsius, so that it always remains beautiful and striking. Also, if it is in a garden, make sure that it is always fresh.
- Some types of carnivorous plants. Carnivorous plants are divided into two fundamental groups which can be those of tropical climate and those of another type of climate, the first being the most difficult and complicated to grow, since they are more demanding when planting them. Tropical carnivorous plants have the difficulty of demanding a type of high-temperature climate in addition to being planted in a special terrarium with which you offer the advantages of comfort, humidity, and a cool environment despite the heat of the place.
- Non – tropical carnivorous plants are less demanding and you can have them in a pot in your garden, perhaps requiring the freshness of a pond that provides them with moisture that helps them stay alive and fresh.
Some ideal carnivorous plants for your home can be:
- Popular name “Dew of the sun”.
- It has red filaments that help it catch food.
- It is made of a sticky substance.
- It remains within the range of ornamental plants
- They can be large.
- They are kept at temperatures between 12 and 28 degrees Celsius.
- They should be kept in environments with great light.
Venus fly trap
- By its name, it has the characteristic of catching these types of insects.
- It should be kept inside homes, and in places that are hot like tropical areas.
- It should be kept in very bright environments.
- The place to choose to plant it must be quite large since it can grow very quickly and also have many roots.
- It is characterized by having petals like hanging bags.
- They do not have a lot of water, so this part is one of the conditions that make it an ideal plant to grow.
- The temperature must be between 17-19 degrees Celsius so that it can remain stable.
- It should always be kept indoors
- You should not let the sun directly touch its leaves.
- It is necessary that the room where it is dimly lit.
Tips for caring for carnivorous plants
- You must keep the most precise indications that help you choose the ideal carnivorous plant for you.
- Always maintain the ideal environment for the type of plant you have.
- You need to keep your carnivorous plants out of the reach of children or pets.
- If you are not going to give the best care to these types of plants, it is better not to have them.