Kalanchoe plants are a rather enigmatic species, with mysteries and a rare beauty that experts still have a little skeptical about the nature of each of the qualities it possesses, breaking in general the way of cultivation, growth and appearance of the plants.
Table of Contents
When she wants, she can bloom, which means that she is a living being that shines with her own light as well as establishing how she wants to be seen, even not seeing flowers in some or perhaps they only do it once throughout. Your green life.
It is a quite rare plant for these characteristics that it grants to those who like the mysterious and striking, so you must be prepared in your home to maintain a strict cultivation plan so that you can have a plant of this type, in addition to providing the care necessary.
As we have already explained to you, its cultivation and growth is mysterious, it is almost as if the plant thought for itself, so you have to be careful with it since they are so changeable that it is not known how to make them stick to a single pattern for planting them.
For this reason, from now on we give you a series of simple steps and recommendations so that you have your Kalanchoe plant without fear of it withering and dying or so that at least it makes your house happy with its enigmatic and mysterious presence at the same time.
What do you need for and when to plant Kalanchoe?
- Good sun like any plant
- Soil that is rich in nutrients
- Enough water and that it drains well
- Enough space for it to play.
- Mild climate so that it can be maintained
- A bag or pot.
- Pruning shears
Instructions for and When to Plant Kalanchoe
The Kalanchoe is a plant with green leaves, thick and jagged at the ends in which a new plant always stands out or, failing that, the flower blooms, which generally has a strong pink or fuchsia color, which is what is striking about this plant .
These flowers appear only in some species since in others they are usually the same plant that appears in the corners of the leaves that go like a path running around the outside of the leaf, which is then discarded on the ground to form another plant.
It receives many names depending on the part where it is grown, including belladonna, witch, air flower, Colombian, bad mother and many more that tend to stand out according to the dialect of the people who live in the same region.
It survives in warm environments and can be grown in internal and external environments of a house, so it will not be a problem to have a species of this plant in any house as long as it can be cultivated. Do you give?
We explain step by step the kalanchoe:
- Cut a stem. The first thing you should do is find a stem of this plant or simply cut a stem of any plant, leaving a section without leaves, not caring that the first part has some and even flowers, which will lose them when planted although when the new plant sprouts it is not known
- Wither the cut stem. You must have present to let the stem that you have cut so that the new plant is born, to dry in the open air for three or four days, no more than that, so that when placed in the ground it does not die long before returning to sprout, so this step is important.
- Place the already dry stem after the necessary time has elapsed in the previous step, stimulating the lower part where at least two leaves have been stuck with a special fertilizer where you will leave it macerating for half a day so that it takes all the necessary nutrients.
- There are special products on the market that can help you in this process, taking advantage of each of its nutrients so that the plant develops its roots and can increase its size in a short period of time, achieving a fertile, beautiful and extensive plant.
- The planted. It is time that you keep in mind the power to have a pot or in the place where you are going to plant the Kalanchoe with moist soil, but without having drowned it with a lot of water, since what you will have is that the Kalanchoe plant withers or rots and you will not be able to let it develop.
- Take the stem that you have cut, dried and put in compost and insert it into the soil that you have previously prepared to plant, making a hole more or less in the middle of the pot so that it can enter very well and be covered so that the roots can develop normally in the background.
- Land preparation. In order for the stem of Kalanchoe to be well attached to the ground, you have to take into account a series of steps that will lead you to be lucky in the company of planting it: It is important that the stem is planted in a pot where the water and do not drown, since you run the risk of dying. Use good gardening soil with all the necessary nutrients. Take care that it has everything necessary before being planted.
- Moisten the earth. Before continuing, you must have moist soil, and after planting the stem you must put water on it again, but without filling the pot, to later cover it with a plastic bag, to create a cozy and soaked environment so that it develops completely.
- Placement of the pot. So that the process can take place in the best conditions, find a place for the pot where you will not disturb it while the roots develop and away from the reach of any fall or inconvenience and you will see that it develops wonderfully.
- You will continue to have it in the bag, but you also have to water it at least once a week so that it does not dry out and maintain moisture, apart from receiving the rays of the morning sun, which are very beneficial, they also do not present a danger or scorching to the plant.
- Remove the bag. After the time of the plant with the bag, which generally has been about three weeks for the normal development process to culminate, remove the ball without moving the plant from the chosen place so that it continues to receive sunlight and water it when the soil is dry. .
- Sunny place. After spending another few weeks without the bag, you will take the Kalanchoe plant where you are going to place it permanently, if you are going to transplant it to the ground or to another larger pot so that it reproduces efficiently, although receiving the morning sun’s rays.
- Sunlight allows it to develop enough vitamins and nutrients that give strength to the plant in order to develop more quickly, grow and reproduce to form other plants or redo the entire process of cutting and planting a stem of Kalanchoe.
- The floor of the plant. When you go to transplant the stem of Kalanchoe, remember that the soil must be fertilized and with the necessary nutrients for its growth, so you have to be aware that it is at its point so that the whole process is carried out successfully, which is what the plant grows and flourishes?
- It is important that the Kalanchoe plant that you have just placed in its final place has good humidity without being a place where water stagnates, which is detrimental to this type of plant, so you have to be effusively attentive to the space dedicated to planting the stem.
- A garden that floods where the water has no drainage can cause the plants to not achieve their necessary strength to survive and drown instead of developing, remember that plants are living beings and need care like everything else.
- The space dedicated to the plant. You have to choose a space according to the characteristics of a plant that likes to spread, since the Kalanchoe is a kind of bush that develops a lot, so avoid placing it with other plants so that it can do so freely and not take away space to another.
- The importance of the weather. It is important to highlight that when you want to plant a new species in the garden after looking for its most outstanding characteristics, one of them that stands out is the climate in which the plant is usually born, grows and reproduces openly, so this must be taken into account. Bill.
- The Kalanchoe does not escape this section, so you have to be aware that it is a mild and pleasant climate, that keeps the soil moist, but without much rain or strong blizzards that can kill it even before it develops.
- Permanent care. The Kalanchoe is a plant that requires different care, although not too much, because you have to let it grow freely and find enough opportunity through the care you can give it, which we have explained previously.
- It is known that it is resistant, but remember that you must give it the best care so that it is always in good condition and at some point let you see its flowers that are very beautiful and from which it is worth cultivating this type of plants in the gardens. Will you give?
Tips for and When to Plant Kalanchoe
- The main thing is to give it enough sun so you have to put it in a place where it receives them.
- If you would like to have it inside the house, try to find an orientation where it always receives sunlight without being touched by the strongest rays of the afternoon.
- Another characteristic that you should pay attention to is to always keep the soil moist, which will guarantee that the plant is always fresh and maintains its beautiful green color.
- Water it every two weeks in addition to placing fertilizer from time to time, of course, following the recommendations on how to treat this type of plant.
- Prune it whenever possible or when you see wilted, brown leaves.
- Protect it from rain, inclement sun and strong winds, which are usually the three enemies of this beautiful plant.
- Calm the insects that usually eat this type of plants with an insecticide in time, since these can also kill the plant.
- Take care of your garden offering the best in terms of ornamental plants available to have it beautiful.
- As for products for plant maintenance, search the market for the best for them and thus ensure that they are always beautiful, also prune them so that they do not look withered.
Now you know everything you need to grow and care for your kalanchoe plant.